The Coalition for Adolescent Girls drives new and improves existing programming, policies, and investments that will promote the rights and opportunities of adolescent girls.
The Coalition for Adolescent Girls envisions a world where adolescent girls are able to fully realize their rights, navigate challenges, and access opportunities during the transition from childhood to adulthood and beyond.
The Coalition seeks to ensure that adolescent girls can:
- Minimize their vulnerability to HIV and other sexually transmitted infections, violence, exploitation, and abuse
- Obtain a quality education at the primary and secondary levels
- Access safe, affordable, and comprehensive girl-friendly health services
- Build and protect their economic assets and opportunities
- Advocate for themselves and their communities
- Count on and be counted by their communities, families, men, and boys as allies
- Participate in decision-making processes that affect their lives, communities, and nations
- Decide if, when, and whom they marry and if, when, and how many children to have
- Understand and obtain legal rights
- To elevate girls’ voices and ensure that girls have the opportunity, skills, and resources to advocate for their own empowerment.
- To build capacity and increase organizational commitment of member and non-member organizations to design, implement, and evaluate evidence-based adolescent girl programming with a practice based learning agenda
- To influence and inform donors, policy-makers and other key decision-makers regarding programmatic, funding and research priorities for adolescent girls
- To adapt to the evolving and changing needs of our community of practice through time-bound, task-oriented working groups and activities